Our primary faculty research groups are focused in our five core areas: applied microeconomics, econometrics, economic theory, finance, and macroeconomics. Our joint faculty includes experts from the Carey Business School and the School of Advanced International Studies.
Applied Microeconomics Group
Coverage includes: development, industrial organization, labor economics, and microeconometrics
- Faculty: Jonathan Elliott, Mark Gersovitz, Yingyao Hu, Yujung Hwang, Elena Krasnokutskaya, Lixiong Li, Robert Moffitt, Nicholas Papageorge, John Quah, Richard Spady
- Jointly Appointed Faculty: Andrew Ching (Carey Business School), Michael Darden (Carey Business School), Pravin Krishna (School of Advanced International Studies), Jian Ni (Carey Business School), Mitsukuni Nishida (Carey Business School), Emilia Simeonova (Carey Business School), and Carlos Vegh (School of Advanced International Studies)
Coverage includes: forecasting, microeconometrics, panel data and cross sections, semi-/non-parametric econometrics, and time-series methods
- Faculty: Yingyao Hu, Lixiong Li, Jonathan Wright, Richard Spady
Economic Theory Group
Coverage includes: behavioral economics, decision theory, game theory, industrial organization, information economics, market design, mathematical economics, political economy and revealed preference analysis.
- Faculty: Ying Chen, Marcelo Ariel Fernandez, Edi Karni, M. Ali Khan, John Quah.
- Jointly Appointed Faculty: Itay Fainmesser (Carey Business School), and Shubhranshu Singh (Carey Business School)
Coverage includes: applied and theoretical finance, bankruptcy, corporate re-structuring, financial econometrics, financial regulation, fixed income securities, sovereign lending
- Faculty: Brendan Daley, Greg Duffee, Olivier Jeanne, Jonathan Wright
- Jointly Appointed Faculty: Alessandro Rebucci (Carey Business School)
- Undergraduate minor in financial economics offered in conjunction with the Center for Financial Economics
Coverage includes: domestic macroeconomics, international finance, international macroeconomics, macro-financial linkages, monetary theory and policy, and time-series econometrics
- Faculty: Laurence Ball, Christopher Carroll, Stelios Fourakis, Olivier Jeanne, Jonathan Wright
- Joint Appointed Faculty: Carlos Vegh (School of Advanced International Studies)