The Economics Department operates and maintains a number of servers for faculty and student use.
- Application Server – Amber, hosting a number of Econometric applications (MATLAB, Stata, EViews, Gauss, R, MathType) available for graduate student use in the lab.
- File Server – Stella, main file storage for faculty and students.
- Print Server – Aspen, handling all networked printers around the department.
- Web Server, hosting faculty personal webpages, course materials, seminar, job market as well as other paper archives.
- Linux server – Galaxy, for faculty and advanced graduate student use (5th and 6th year). All other students by request only. Available applications: MATLAB, Stata MP4, Mathematica, R. Access instructions – [PDF].
- Virtual Application Server (Sierra) – for faculty and advanced graduate student use (5th and 6th year). All other students by request only. Access instructions – [PDF].
Available applications: MS Office, WordPad, MATLAB, R, Rstudio, Stata SE, Mathematica, Anaconda.
- KSAS Grid – 8 node, 96 core Dell computational grid running MATLAB Distributed Computing Server and Mathematica Lightweight Grid Manager. Both are accessible from all econ lab computers. E-mail Nina Agopian for access instructions.