The Economics Department operates and maintains a number of servers for faculty and student use. The Economics Department’s IT resources are managed by who should be contacted concerning any of these servers.
- File Server – Stella, main file storage for faculty and students.
- Print Server – Aspen, handling all networked printers around the department.
- Web Server, hosting faculty personal webpages, course materials, seminar, job market as well as other paper archives.
- Linux server – Galaxy, server has a Intel Xeon 2.00GHZ 8 core processors and 8GB RAM. This server is for faculty and advanced graduate student use (5th and 6th year). All other students by request only. Available applications: MATLAB, Stata MP4, Mathematica, R. Access instructions – [PDF].
- Virtual Application Server – Sierra, the VM host has an Intel Xeon 3.19GHZ 12 core processor and 24GB RAM dynamic up to 100GB. This server is for faculty and advanced graduate student use (5th and 6th year). All other students by request only. Access instructions – [PDF].
Available applications: MS Office, WordPad, MATLAB, R, Rstudio, Stata SE, Mathematica, Anaconda.
- KSAS Grid **Currently offline(10/22/20)** – 8 node, 96 core Dell computational grid running MATLAB Distributed Computing Server and Mathematica Lightweight Grid Manager. Both are accessible from all econ lab computers. E-mail for access instructions.
- MARCC – MARCC is a shared computing facility located on the Bayview Campus of Johns Hopkins University. Designed to enable research, creative undertakings, and learning that involve and rely on the use and development of advanced computing. MARCC manages high performance computing, highly reliable data storage, and provides outstanding collaborative scientific support to empower computational research, scholarship, and innovation. Please contact Jonathan Wright for account details.