- Setting up your Johns Hopkins user and email account
- Blackboard @ JHU
- Using the Ref Works online citation manager
- Wireless @ JHU
- Security and Antivirus @ JHU
- Working Off-Campus Remotely – Azure MFA & Pulse Secure VPN
- Hopkins Technology Store
- Homewood Student Virtual Desktop Service – myJlab
- Software Distribution and Licensing Center @ JHU
Additional info about MATLAB and Mathematica [PDF]
- Discounted Academic Software for faculty, staff and students
- OneDrive (for faculty, staff, and students) JHOneDrive Quick Start Guide
Mapping a drive to OneDrive for PCs
All economics graduate students as well as faculty are assigned an account (username and password) through the JHU Enterprise Directory (JHED).
- Log on to the JHU portal at http://my.jh.edu. If you are using an on campus PC, you can find your logon ID by typing your last and first name in the search field at the top of the page. If you are off campus, email or the computer liaison and we will send you your logon ID.
- Enter it in the “First time log in” section. Follow the prompts to authenticate and set up a password.
- Once you are in, scroll down to Messaging and click on Exchange Online(Email). You should see a link to your email account. All faculty, staff and graduate students are provided with Microsoft Exchange Online (Office 365) accounts. For details see Microsoft Exchange Online as well.
- Within the portal scroll down to Messaging and click on Email Alias. You will see your default email address and the preset alias. If you would like to change the alias to something else you can do it here.
- You can access your email using MS Outlook desktop client, MS Outlook mobile app or through a web browser by going to http://www.outlook.com/jh.edu
Passwords are assigned at the initial university account set up at http://my.jh.edu – click on the “First Time Logon” tab. If you need to change your password at a later time please look for the “Forgot your password?” link under the “I need help section” on the right and use the “Reset my password” field to change your password. Please make sure you have read the password complexity requirements on the same page.
- Blackboard resources at CTEI (Center for Teaching Excellence and Innovation)
- The Homewood Student Virtual Desktop service provides access to university-wide licensed software. myJLab is accessible at http://myjlab.jhu.edu/
- Additional information is available on the Student Affairs website.
Go to http://jhu.onthehub.com. This link is restricted access; requires JHED ID and password to sign in.