IT@JHU – University Wide Computing Resources
- Setting up your Johns Hopkins user and e-mail account
- Setting up and accessing JSHARE (Personal file and Webpage storage)
- Using the Ref Works online citation manager
- Wireless @ JHU
- Security and Antivirus @ JHU
- Secure Connections – VPN (JHPulse)
- Hopkins Technology Store
- Homewood Student Virtual Desktop service – myJlab
- Software Distribution (SPARS) and Licensing Center @ JHU
- Discounted Academic Software for faculty, staff and students
- Adobe Connect – web-conferencing
All economics graduate students as well as faculty are assigned an account (user name and password) through the JHU Enterprise Directory (JHED).
- Log on to the JHU Portal at http://my.johnshopkins.edu. If you are using an on campus PC, you can find your logon ID by typing your last and first name in the search field at the top of the page. If you are off campus, email Nina Agopian (email@example.com) or the computer liaison and we will send you your logon ID.
- Enter it in the “First time log in” section. Follow the prompts to authenticate and set up a password.
- Once you are in, click on the Messaging icon on the left toolbar. You should see a link to your e-mail account. All graduate students are provided with Office 365 accounts. For details see Student Email. Faculty and staff are assigned Microsoft Exchange accounts. For additional details and to request an e-mail account please contact Nina Agopian.
- Within the portal look for the JHED icon and click on the e-mail alias link. You will see your default email address and the preset alias (LogonID@jhu.edu or LogonID@johnshopkins.edu). If you would like to change the alias to something else you can do it here.
- This will complete the setup process. You can access your mail through a web client or use a local e-mail client.
- If you would like to use an e-mail client, detailed instructions as well as a Q&A is available at: http://www.it.johnshopkins.edu/services/email/
Passwords are assigned at the initial university account set up at http://my.johnshopkins.edu/ – click on the “First Time Logon” tab. If you need to change your password at a later time please go to http://my.johnshopkins.edu/, look for the “Forgot your password?” link under the “I need help section” on the right and use the “Reset my password” field to change your password. Please make sure you have read the password complexity requirements on the same page.
a) Log on to the JHU Portal at http://my.johnshopkins.edu. If you are using an on campus PC, you can find your logon ID by typing your last and first name in the provided search space. If you are off campus, email Nina Agopian or the computer liaison and we will send you your logon ID.
b) Click on the “MyApps” icon in the left toolbar. If this is your first login, follow the instructions on the webpage to activate your account.
c) You can find more information about JSHARE at: http://www.it.johnshopkins.edu/services/collaboration_tools/jshare/.
If you would like to have your web page linked to your name in the Departmental listing just send us the URL and we will post it for you.
Blackboard Help for Instructors: http://help.sset.jhu.edu/display/Bb/home
Blackboard resources at CER (Center for Educational Resources) – http://www.cer.jhu.edu/bb.html
The Homewood Student Virtual Desktop service provides access to university wide licensed software.
myJLab is accessible at http://myjlab.jhu.edu
Anti Virus – http://www.it.johnshopkins.edu/antivirus/
Restricted access, requires JHED ID and password to sign in.