The Economics Department operates and maintains a number of servers for faculty and student use.
- Application Server – Amber, hosting a number of Econometric applications (Matlab, Stata, EViews, Gauss, R, MathType) available for graduate student use in the lab.
- File Server – Stella, main file storage for faculty and students.
- Print Server – Aspen, handling all networked printers around the department.
- Web Server, hosting faculty personal webpages, course materials, seminar, jobmarket as well as other paper archives.
- Linux server – Galaxy, for faculty and advanced graduate student use. Please e-mail Nina Agopian and Prof. Robert Moffitt to request an account. Available applications: Matlab, Stata MP4, Mathematica, R. Access instructions – PDF.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) – for faculty and advanced graduate student use. Access instructions – PDF.
All Windows 7 virtual desktops have the standard office applications installed – MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, 7Zip, etc.
Internet and FTP: Firefox, Internet Explorer, WinSCP, Filezilla, Putty, SSH, TurboVNC.
Econometric Applications: EasyReg, Eviews, Gauss, Matlab, R, Stata SE (all of these run on your virtual desktop and use its resources).
Other Applications: Mathematica, MathType, Scientific Word, MikTex and WinEdt, Notepad+ (all of these run on your virtual desktop and use its resources).
Remote Econ Programs: Matlab, R, StataSE, Mathematica (require special permission and run on a virtual server).
- KSAS Grid – 8 node, 96 core Dell computational grid running MatLab Distributed Computing Server and Mathematica Lightweight Grid Manager. Both are accessible from all econ lab or VDI desktops. E-mail Nina Agopian for access instructions.
- Linux Cluster – Kirin, a Dell 17 node Linux cluster, shared use with Biophysics. All programs and applications run on the cluster use the Sun Grid Engine for job submission. Please e-mail Nina Agopian and Prof. Robert Moffitt to request an account.